[OpenAFS] Access Denied with OA 1.7 and Win XP SP3

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Mon, 02 Dec 2013 09:59:22 +0100

--aa6uxo5NttG9d7E26l3UreD2lTHScsmhF

On 2013-12-02 09:33, Frank Burkhardt wrote:
> Hello Jeffrey,
>=20
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 02:49:39PM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> Frank,
>>
>> A quick test from an XP SP3 system upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.7.28.
>> Using a "Limited user" local account I am able to access AFS from
>> cmd.exe using both UNC paths and NET USE mapped drive letters.
>>
>> Your description of the problem is quite lacking in details so it is
>> impossible for me to determine whether or not I have an appropriate te=
st
>> case.
>=20
> I'm sorry to not have more information on this but I just tested it aga=
in on
> a regular (german) Windows XP installation incl. SP3 with just Openafs
> 1.7.2800 and KFW 3.2.2. The admin user is fine but a user which is only=
 in
> the "Users" group gets "Access denied" in AFS.
>=20
> Which additional information would be of use?

I think first: IFS or smb?
And a token is obtained as a usual user?

We do not use german windows, but some old english Win XP SP3 still
exist over here and we do not have such problems so far. With IFS OpenAFS=
=2E

> Best,
>=20
> Frank Burkhardt

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723