[OpenAFS] Access Denied with OA 1.7 and Win XP SP3

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2013 07:32:41 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 02:26:14PM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 12/2/2013 3:33 AM, Frank Burkhardt wrote:
> > Hello Jeffrey,
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 02:49:39PM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> >> Frank,
> >>
> >> A quick test from an XP SP3 system upgraded from 1.6.1 to 1.7.28.
> >> Using a "Limited user" local account I am able to access AFS from
> >> cmd.exe using both UNC paths and NET USE mapped drive letters.
> >>
> >> Your description of the problem is quite lacking in details so it is
> >> impossible for me to determine whether or not I have an appropriate test
> >> case.

[snip]

> "Domain User" or "Local User"?

Both. It doesn't work as long they are not administrators.

> If domain user, does the user have persistent drive letter mappings to
> \\AFS via the "Microsoft Network" in the user's profile?

No. A single drive mapping to afs is created for domain users via a logon script:

 net use f: \\afs\cbs.mpg.de

However, accessing AFS via UNC doesn't work either.

Best,

Frank Burkhardt