[OpenAFS] Re: NetInfo / NetRestrict issue

Måns Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2013 23:14:40 +0100

--cpvLTH7QU4gwfq3S

Subject: [OpenAFS] Re: NetInfo / NetRestrict issue Date: Fri, Dec 20, 2013 =
at 10:03:16AM -0600 Quoting Andrew Deason (adeason@sinenomine.net):
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 09:52:22 +0100
> M=C3=A5ns Nilsson <mansaxel@besserwisser.org> wrote:
>=20
> > I've made a NetInfo file and a NetRestrict file, the first one
> > containing the desired address, the second all the undesired ones. The
> > file server still shows up on every interface if I try a 'vos lista':=
=20
>=20
> You should only need to set up NetInfo or NetRestrict, but doing both is
> also fine.

Understood.=20
=20
> > In between  reading the manual and discussing with Harald I've
> > concluded that the proper place for NetInfo and NetRestrict ought to be
> > /etc/openafs/server and there they are. Is this correct?
>=20
> No. With your config options, they would go in e.g.
> /var/openafs/NetInfo. If you ever want to check, just strace the e.g.
> fileserver process, and see which files it tries to open.

ahhhh.=20

Copying the NetInfo file there and bos restart -all solved this problem. Th=
anks.=20

> Details: NetInfo/NetRestrict go in 'afslocaldir', which in transarc
> paths is /usr/afs/local. (/etc/openafs/server is analogous to
> /usr/afs/etc). For non-transarc paths, afslocaldir defaults to
> '@localstatedir@/openafs', and for the provided configure options,
> localstatedir is /var.
>=20
> If you want to follow the Debian packaging, NetInfo/NetRestrict would
> instead go in /var/lib/openafs/local/. To get that, you would need to
> configure with something like this:
>=20
> afslogsdir=3D/var/log/openafs afslocaldir=3D/var/lib/openafs/local \
>     ./configure --sysconfdir=3D/etc --localstatedir=3D/var/lib \
>                 --prefix=3D/usr/local/openafs162=20
>=20
> Obviously the --prefix part is not what Debian does, so binaries would
> go in a different place, but that should cause any configuration and
> state files to go in the same place. Following the paths of some other
> existing packaging might make it easier to find documentation with the
> correct paths in it; Debian is just one such option. Just mentioning
> that as a possibility.

Thanks. Much happier devices now.=20

--=20
M=C3=A5ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
Well, here I am in AMERICA..  I LIKE it.  I HATE it.  I LIKE it.  I
HATE it.  I LIKE it.  I HATE it.  I LIKE it.  I HATE it.  I LIKE ...
EMOTIONS are SWEEPING over me!!

--cpvLTH7QU4gwfq3S

--cpvLTH7QU4gwfq3S--