[OpenAFS] Development status of mod_waklog and filedrawers

Staffan Hämälä sh@ltu.se
Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:40:40 +0100

I got mod_waklog to work on apache 2.2 at least.

I've found a lot of info in this posting:
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2009-May/031480.html

Stephen Quinney's patches are available here:
http://old.nabble.com/mod_waklog-tt33632100.html

Aaron Knister's patches here:
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~aaronk/waklog/patches_for_git

I downloaded mod_waklog from git, and applied the patches in this order:
patch -p1 < ../patches_aaron_knister/fix_build_scripts.patch
patch -p1 < ../patches_aaron_knister/have_stropts_h.patch
patch -p1 < ../patches_aaron_knister/gnu_source.patch

patch -p1 < ../patches_stephen_quinney/modwaklog-weakcrypto.patch
patch -p1 < ../patches_stephen_quinney/modwaklog-libs.patch

As I said, mod_waklog seems to work perfectly. However, I haven't got
filedrawers to work yet. It does not seem to work with PHP 5.4.11 and
Smarty 3.1.13.

I've read that it should work with PHP 5.x, but apparently not with 5.4,
though I think I managed to fix that. (by loading some module statically
instead of using "dl" - dynamically loaded modules, which is deprecated
in 5.4).

Smarty 3.1.13 seems to be more difficult, I just get strange error messages.

I've found a note somewhere that it does not work with Smarty 2.x, and
that version 1.x works. Maybe version 3.x has the same problem, and we
need to downgrade to version 1.x.

--S

On 2013-02-04 14:01, Joseph Timothy Foley wrote:
> I would like to know more about this as well.  I tried to get mod_waklo=
g working on an Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit system but was unsuccessful.  It compiled but did not get loaded correctly into the Apache 2 I was using.  I asked a friend to was trying to use it at MIT, but they gave up and used IP-based ACLS.

> Where did you find a guide indicating which patches?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

.org] On Behalf Of Staffan Hämälä
> Sent: 30. janúar 2013 20:35
> To: openafs-info@openafs.org
> Subject: [OpenAFS] Development status of mod_waklog and filedrawers
>
> What is the current status of the mod_waklog and filedrawers projects? =
I saw a thread about mod_waklog a few months ago, but what about filedrawers?

> I've managed to compile mod_waklog on Redhat RHEL6 64-bit after applyin=
g five patches (by Aaron Knister and Stephen Quinney). It now works on Apache 2.2 (haven't tried 2.4 yet).

> Filedrawers seems to need some tweaking as well. I've found a few thing=
s that needs to be changed for it to work with PHP 5.4. It also seems to have problems with the current version of Smarty (version 3.1.13). I'm working through the things that need to be changed at the moment.

> It seems both mod_waklog and filedrawers haven't been updated for sever=
al years. Does anyone maintain them?