[OpenAFS] Re: Mixing 1.4 and 1.6 fileservers

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:37:47 -0600

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:26:21 +0100
Hans-Werner Paulsen <hans@MPA-Garching.MPG.DE> wrote:

> What does happen, when I run 1.4.14 and 1.6.1 db servers
> simultaneously?  Is it save to upgrade one db server while the db
> servers with the old versions are still running, when I do NOT modify
> the databases during the upgrade process?

Like I said above, it should work, but it's not "supported". That is,
I'm not aware of any issues because we haven't changed anything with the
database format or the synchronization behavior. But I believe it's been
implicitly decreed that those could change at any time, so you had
better not get used to running a mixture.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net