[OpenAFS] Anyone using Windows 8 roaming profiles in OpenAFS? - SOLVED

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:46:37 +0100

------enig2FTVXFBDAHVLENDFGGDCR

On 2013-02-15 15:28, Lars Schimmer wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> Does anyone use windows 8 clients and windows roaming profiles in
> OpenAFS filespace?
>=20
> 1. I cannot get Windows 8 to get access to the roaming profile, althoug=
> path is set to system:anyone write
> OpenAFS 1.7.2119 (today).
> roaming profile path set via system group policy to:
> \\AFS\.cgv.tugraz.at\home\win8\schimmer.V2
>=20
> System log shows: access denied.
> Tested with some other users, some get a token on login ,some not. But
> all get a temp roaming profile.

Ok, solved. I did messed up the setting in the group policy. Thank you,
Jeffrey for the Tip with Process Monitor Boot Logging.
Now User can login with "new" profile and data is saved into correct plac=
e.
I just need to create a third windows profile for each user (windows XP,
Windows 7, Windows 8).

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723