[OpenAFS] Re: Weird LAN/WAN login problem

Jukka Tuominen jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi
Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:50:02 +0200

Sent from my iPhone

On 24.2.2013, at 20.07, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:48:45 +0200 (EET)
> jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi wrote:
>=20
>> - with user account A you can log into afs homedir either from LAN or WAN=

>=20
> Does 'from LAN' and 'from WAN' just mean where the client box is
> located?
>=20
It's the same client (laptop) which is connecting the server (in DMZ) someti=
mes from LAN and sometimes from outside. Or actually it is a client template=
 to be deployed in different ways.=20

>> - with user account B only LAN login works
>> - Once A logged in from WAN, you cannot see the full path to the B
>> homedir. In LAN you do.
>=20
> What happens from WAN? What failure or error message do you see?
>=20
It cannot find .ICEauthority file, so I guess it means afs isn't available?

I've tried different pam.d settings, but then again, it works for some users=
.

I also turned on memcache, in case the filesystem is corrupted. Nope.=20

Salvaging the file system on server made no difference either (if I did it r=
ight).

Puzzling...!?

> What is your KDC? Are you using MIT, Heimdal, Active Directory, ...?
>=20

MIT