[OpenAFS] Re: Weird LAN/WAN login problem

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:58:29 -0600

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:43:24 +0200 (EET)
jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi wrote:

> vos listaddrs -noresolv -printuuid lists two items; the local IP and
> some long character string, IPv6, maybe?

It's a UUID. But you only see one entry? For example, here is some
output with two entries:

$ vos listaddr -nores -printuuid
UUID: 0053ac82-130c-1a98-82-3a-0101007faa77
192.168.85.100

UUID: 00283782-4a92-1ad6-85-e9-0101007faa77
192.168.85.101

$

But you only have one?

> IIRC there were duplicates prohibiting to create new accounts first,
> but when I removed something from some conf (sorry, can't remember),
> it allowed to create the account. Maybe I shouldn't have done it
> manually, or should have refreshed it first. Or maybe I left the local
> address whereas I should have left the public one? Or the public name
> is resolved to local address, or something.  Sorry, I need to look
> into the server confs now...

Your problem here is not likely to be solved by an IP mentioned in a
configuration file; the problem is an IP that's in the VLDB, so you
can't just change it manually.

There are some steps you can take to fix this, but just give me a minute
to write them down. Depending on your answer to the above, you probably
got into this situation by running 'vos changeaddr'. 'vos changeaddr'
has a big warning on it telling you not to run it:
<http://docs.openafs.org/Reference/1/vos_changeaddr.html>.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net