[OpenAFS] Re: Weird LAN/WAN login problem

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:11:43 -0600

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:38:44 +0200 (EET)
jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi wrote:

> When I run
> # vos listvldb -server 192.168.125.5
> it tells:
>
> VLDB entries for server 192.168.125.5

Okay, yeah, that's the case where you have RO volumes; I wasn't covering
those in the previous steps.

> root.afs
>     RWrite: 536870912     ROnly: 536870913
>     number of sites -> 3
>        server [ISP name for the public IP] partition /vicepa RW Site
>        server [ISP name for the public IP] artition /vicepa RO Site
>        server [actual public name] partition /vicepa RO Site

I'm not clear from your description below which of these entries is
"correct". Or are you also not sure? Can you run this with -noresolve?
Does that make this any clearer? Does 192.168.125.5 show up in the
output if you run with -noresolve?

Did you already issue 'vos changeloc' for root.afs and root.cell? It
seems like all you need to do is run:

vos remsite 192.168.125.5 a root.cell
vos remsite 192.168.125.5 a root.afs

But I'm not completely sure about that, given my slight confusion above.

> Also, I wonder what happens when I create a new user? Should I get rid
> of the local IP in CellServDB file, or will it be fine?

I'll go into more detail about that once the current entries are fixed.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net