[OpenAFS] issue with rename/copy/move and locks

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 16:36:28 -0700

--f46d042dfd932abeda04d256b7e7

We are using oepnafs version 1.7.XXX varous sub-versions and noted that
when we attempt to move or rename folders or files that we will on occasion
get the message:

'folder in use error'
'the action cant be completed becuase the folder or file in it is open in
another program'

This error persists for random amounts of time across different volumes and
different clients. Eventually, the error vanishes and the rename operation
completes.

We are fairly certain that users do NOT have files open underneath these
folders open. But we have not test this. The users report that they do not
have the files open.

The error seems to be that openafs randomly thinks a file is locked...

Any ideas?

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

--f46d042dfd932abeda04d256b7e7

We are using oepnafs version 1.7.XXX varous sub-versions and noted that whe=
n we attempt to move or rename folders or files that we will on occasion ge=
&#39;the action cant be completed becuase the folder or file in it is open =
ndom amounts of time across different volumes and different clients. Eventu=
ally, the error vanishes and the rename operation completes.=C2=A0</div>
 underneath these folders open. But we have not test this. The users report=
rror seems to be that openafs randomly thinks a file is locked...</div>
 Bear<br>College of Public Programs at ASU<br>602-496-0424

--f46d042dfd932abeda04d256b7e7--