[OpenAFS] Shutdown/startup of entire cell

Brandon Allbery ballbery@sinenomine.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 04:07:49 +0000

> 1) When shutting down, should all database servers be shutdown=0A=
> before the fileservers, or should the fileservers be shutdown=0A=
> first?=0A=
> =0A=
> 2) When starting up, should the fileservers be started first,=0A=
> or should the database servers be started first?=0A=
=0A=
You need the database servers to be up while you shut down/start up the fil=
eservers, since one of the databases in question records which fileservers =
have which volumes and fileservers register/unregister volumes with that da=
tabase during startup/shutdown.=0A=
=0A=
If there's no need for the database servers themselves to be shut down, you=
 can leave them up, but I'm not sure that actually gains you anything.=0A=
=0A=
--=0A=
brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine associate=
s=0A=
allbery.b@gmail.com                                  ballbery@sinenomine.ne=
t=0A=
unix, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure, xmonad        http://sinenomine.ne=