[OpenAFS] Re: Shutdown/startup of entire cell

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 09:21:38 -0600

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 04:07:49 +0000
Brandon Allbery <ballbery@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> You need the database servers to be up while you shut down/start up
> the fileservers, since one of the databases in question records which
> fileservers have which volumes and fileservers register/unregister
> volumes with that database during startup/shutdown.

Well, we don't "unregister" volumes as part of the shutdown process.
However, the fileserver could try to access the ptserver at any time to
look up group/CPS information; that's why you want at least that to be
available any time the fileserver is up.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net