[OpenAFS] Re: Fwd: [OpenAFS-announce] OpenAFS 1.6.2 release candidate 3 available

Rich Sudlow rich@nd.edu
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:08:30 -0500

On 01/18/2013 01:14 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:11:47 -0500
> Rich Sudlow<rich@nd.edu>  wrote:
>
>> Have any users reported success with Openafs 1.6.2 (any pre version)
>> on Solaris 10 using SUNWspro (with all patches)? I'm having problems
>> with the compile but suspect recent opencsw tools.
>
> A preliminary look suggests that Oracle made the same change in a
> Solaris 10 update that broke us in Solaris 11. Frank, ah, didn't mention
> that...
>
> For Rich and anyone else that may hit that and still wants to build/test
> pre3 on a new Solaris 10, the error message showing that you are hitting
> this issue (on 1.6.2pre3) is:
>
> "[...]/openafs-1.6.2pre3/src/afs/SOLARIS/osi_vnodeops.c", line 1719:
> prototype mismatch: 5 args passed, 6 expected
>
> A temporary patch that should work around this is attached. A real fix
> will come soon.

Many thanks Andrew! As I think I mentioned to you the patch also broke
recompiling 1.6.1 which had worked previously.

Rich

--
Rich Sudlow
University of Notre Dame