[OpenAFS] Problems Setting up new AFS cell in AWS

Nate Coraor nate@bx.psu.edu
Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:00:33 -0400

On Jun 18, 2013, at 1:20 PM, Victor Marmol wrote:

> I believe we have had a couple people report back from running AFS =
cells in AWS, with some unfortunate experiences relating to the network. =
Apparently our Rx stack does not always deal well with the delays and =
interruptions that AWS VMs can see; it might be better with dedicated =
(large) instances.  It may be worth searching the list archives to find =
these reports, though I can't do so right now.
>=20
> I just started running the server on AWS and will report back on my =
experience.

Hi Victor,

I run two DB/Fileservers in AWS and a third DB (and various other =
fileservers) outside AWS.  You'll want to use Elastic IPs and configure =
NetInfo/NetRestrict accordingly.  Here are my notes on the subject:

    http://www.bx.psu.edu/~nate/doc/vldb.html

--nate=