[OpenAFS] Re: Is DAFS supported on FreeBSD?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:14:55 -0500

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:47:09 +0100
Mark Huijgen <mark@nl.simpc.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if DAFS fileservers are supported on FreeBSD 9?

It's "supported" in the sense that we'll try to fix bugs, and as far as
I know it's not completely broken. However, I don't know of anyone
running DAFS on freebsd in production. I assumed it at least compiled,
though, since Ben Kaduk provided binaries for i386 and amd64:
<http://openafs.org/release/latest.html>.

> It seems the Makefile is not compiling davolserver on this platform
> (openafs 1.6.2 src)
> Rest of the DAFS binaries are built however
> (dafileserver/dasalvager/salvageserver).

If you tell us what error you get, we can say what's going on.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net