[OpenAFS] Re: Is DAFS supported on FreeBSD?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:25:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, Andrew Deason wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:47:09 +0100
> Mark Huijgen <mark@nl.simpc.com> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if DAFS fileservers are supported on FreeBSD 9?
>
> It's "supported" in the sense that we'll try to fix bugs, and as far as
> I know it's not completely broken. However, I don't know of anyone
> running DAFS on freebsd in production. I assumed it at least compiled,
> though, since Ben Kaduk provided binaries for i386 and amd64:
> <http://openafs.org/release/latest.html>.
>
>> It seems the Makefile is not compiling davolserver on this platform
>> (openafs 1.6.2 src)
>> Rest of the DAFS binaries are built however
>> (dafileserver/dasalvager/salvageserver).
>
> If you tell us what error you get, we can say what's going on.

It looks like an omission in the top-level Makefile.in 'dvolser' target --
there is a conditional on SYS_NAME which calls out architectures to build
dvolser for and fbsd is not included.

If I go to src/dvolser in the build tree by hand and 'make davolserver',
it compiles just fine.  A subsequent 'make install' in the same directory
should do the right thing.

-Ben