[OpenAFS] KDE 4.8 - files >9 GB - problem

Markus Koeberl spsc-sysadmin@mlist.tugraz.at
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:15:04 +0100

On Friday 22 March 2013 09:11:34 Lars Schimmer wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> With Debian Wheezy getting ready to be released and included KDE 4.8.x,
> we have a problem:
> copy files >9 GB of size into a OpenAFS sub directory with enough quota
> shows instantly a "disk full".
>=20
> Looks like KDE checks the free space on the device and reports: only
> 8.6G free, no space for any bigger file.
>=20
> Tested with KDE 4.8.4 on debian wheezy and OpenAFS 1.6.2.
>=20
> Any hints were to report a bug and get this resolved?
>=20
>=20
> MfG,
> Lars Schimmer

Earlier discussion about changing the freespace value:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openafs-info@openafs.org/msg36829.html

Would it be possible to change the value to 2T in openafs for debian wheezy=
?=20
Don't know how difficult it will be to fix this for all kde applications=20
affected before wheezy releases. Does anybody know on which kde package we=
=20
should report a bug?

regards
Markus K=F6berl
=2D-=20
Markus Koeberl
Graz University of Technology
Signal Processing and Speech Communication Laboratory
E-mail: markus.koeberl@tugraz.at