[OpenAFS] byte-range lock errors

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Thu, 16 May 2013 23:21:58 +0200

Hi folks,

Although I upgraded my site's server machine from Debian squeeze to
wheezy and from openafs-fileserver 1.4.12.1 to 1.6.1 months ago, I
only upgraded my workstation to wheezy with openafs-client 1.6.1 this
week. However, since the latter I've been seeing very many of these
errors in my workstation's syslog:

   afs: byte-range locks only enforced for processes on this machine \
   (pid 4538 (firefox-bin), user 10000).

Is it possible to enable support for byte-range locks in this version
of OpenAFS, or failing that and since it doesn't seem to affect
Firefox (Iceweasel) anyway, is it possible to disable these particular
error messages?

Thanks,

Jaap