[OpenAFS] Re: Quick "Connection timed out" (client OpenAFS 1.6.0-1-debian, server SELinux OpenAFS 1.6.1)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 17 May 2013 16:56:49 -0500

On Fri, 17 May 2013 16:03:57 -0500
John Tang Boyland <boyland@pabst.cs.uwm.edu> wrote:

> $ rxdebug localhost -port 7001 -version
> Trying 127.0.0.1 (port 7001):
> AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.6.0-1-debian built  2013-03-21

Could you try this with 1.6.1 or newer, or 1.4.14.1 or older? 1.6.0 is
known to have several pretty serious problems. (Did you build this
yourself? That build date is very new compared to when that version was
released.)

If it still happens, or you can't change the version for whatever
reason, the next thing to look at would be client logs (syslog) or
collecting fstrace data. We can provide info on how to do that if you
don't know how, but I feel like you've maybe done it before...?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net