[OpenAFS] Re: Quick "Connection timed out" (client OpenAFS 1.6.0-1-debian,

John Tang Boyland boyland@uwm.edu
Sat, 18 May 2013 14:15:04 -0500

] On Fri, 17 May 2013 16:03:57 -0500
] John Tang Boyland <boyland@pabst.cs.uwm.edu> wrote:
]
] > $ rxdebug localhost -port 7001 -version
] > Trying 127.0.0.1 (port 7001):
] > AFS version:  OpenAFS 1.6.0-1-debian built  2013-03-21
]
] Could you try this with 1.6.1 or newer, or 1.4.14.1 or older? 1.6.0 is
] known to have several pretty serious problems. (Did you build this
] yourself? That build date is very new compared to when that version was
] released.)

I was just using the default openafs-client on Ubuntu oneiric. (11.10)
But it seems oneiric is now gone from the ubuntu site -- no
longer maintained, so I will have to update to a more recent
version of ubuntu first and then try to install a newer openafs-client module.

] If it still happens, or you can't change the version for whatever
] reason, the next thing to look at would be client logs (syslog) or
] collecting fstrace data. We can provide info on how to do that if you
] don't know how, but I feel like you've maybe done it before...?

OK thanks,  More later.
John