[OpenAFS] Access Denied with OA 1.7 and Win XP SP3

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Thu, 28 Nov 2013 13:31:07 +0100

Hi everyone,

we've got several Windows XP machines (I know, we'll have to replace them
eventually) which we upgraded to SP3 recently. After that we tried to
upgrade from Openafs 1.5 to Openafs 1.7.2700, however:

With Windows XP SP3 and OA 1.7 it is impossible to access the AFS as a
regular user. The cmd.exe error message when "cd"ing into AFS space is
"Zugriff verweigert" (which is german for "Access Denied" or maybe
"Permission Denied").

Administrators can access the AFS via UNC or a substed drive
perfectly fine but regular users can't. With SP2 it's working fine.

Does anyone have an explaination for this?

Thank you for any hint,

Frank Burkhardt