[OpenAFS] System hangs, OSX 10.6.8, OpenAFS 1.6.5

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 29 Nov 2013 15:45:20 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013, dorian taylor wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I'm trying to diagnose a persistent problem since I upgraded an old
> Mac from 10.5 to 10.6 and installed the latest OpenAFS.

The exact number will be much more ueseful than just saying "the latest
OpenAFS".

> Essentially what happens is that when the Kerberos ticket expires,
> there's a limited time (seconds to minutes) during which I can renew
> both the Kerberos ticket and the AFS token. If that time elapses, the
> system hangs and I have to hard power-cycle the machine.

This seems like a very strange problem, and I don't have any concrete
ideas off the top of my head.  In terms of trying random things to see if
they help, you might try explicitly setting a FILE: credentials cache
instead of using the default API: one.

-Ben Kaduk