[OpenAFS] ZFS-on-Linux on production fileservers?

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs@altum.de
Fri, 04 Oct 2013 16:59:05 +0200

--nextPart4916945.YOJJ9PngQ3

Am Freitag 04 Oktober 2013, 10:31:47 schrieb Jeff Blaine:

> We're still a 100% Solaris + ZFS file server shop. We're EOLing
> our Sun SPARC hardware (with tears in our eyes) this year.
>
> Before we spend a significant amount of time evaluating this, I
> figured I'd ask first. Any brief response would be greatly appre-
> ciated. The generously longer the better :)
>
> * Are you using ZFS-on-Linux in production for file servers?
> * If not, and you looked into it, what stopped you?
> * If you are, how is it working out for you?

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to install a _desktop_ system on ZFSonLinux.
Can't remember the exact reason, but I quickly decided to stick with a native
Linux FS.

OTOH, I run my own small home cell on an Arm box (Guruplug) using btrfs (both
vicepXX and client cache). If it must be ZFS, would FreeBSD be an option?

Bye...

	Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de>
Tel: +49 (0)2471 209385 | Mobil: +49 (0)176 34473913