[OpenAFS] ZFS-on-Linux on production fileservers?

Måns Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Sun, 6 Oct 2013 10:30:00 +0200

--84ND8YJRMFlzkrP4

Subject: RE: [OpenAFS] ZFS-on-Linux on production fileservers? Date: Sat, O=
ct 05, 2013 at 08:13:22PM +0000 Quoting Coy Hile (Coy.Hile@COYHILE.COM):
> Along the same lines, is anybody using any of the Illumos distributions? =
=C2=A0Personally, I'm working on rolling my own SmartOS build that has the =
AFS kernel module installed so that VMs could be AFS fileservers or clients=
=2E (Correct me if I'm wrong, but the AFS kernel module is required only fo=
r the clients and the fileservers, right? If I host is only an AFS dbserver=
, it has no requirement for the kernel module to be loaded, does it?

You are quite correct.=20

My server does not have the client code installed. I do not even build
the kernel module on it. I also run a second server machine on old=20
Sparc iron, and neither it has the kernel module installed.

The only hassle is that some bos commands need  the
'-localauth' flag when run on the file server.

--=20
M=C3=A5ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
Hello, GORRY-O!!  I'm a GENIUS from HARVARD!!

--84ND8YJRMFlzkrP4

--84ND8YJRMFlzkrP4--