[OpenAFS] ls: cannot open directory .: No such device

Christof Hanke christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:39:37 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:56:36 +0200
Fredrik K=C3=A4llgren <fredrik.kallgren@genesis.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> first off. I'm new to AFS and this question might be kind if stupid. But
> here goes.
>=20
> I've set up a server going through 'OpenAFS Quick Start Guide for UNIX'.
> No problems occured during the installation. I've also set up another
> machine as the client.=20
>=20
> But when I try to ls (from the client) the '/afs/<cellname>' I get "ls:
> cannot open directory.: No such device". I can see traffic traveling
> from client to the server so it's probably no network problem. kinit and
> aklog seems to work fine.
>=20

"No such device" means=20
that there is no AFS-Volume behind the mountpoint you want to traverse=20
do a "fs lsmount /afs/<cellname>" on the client and check that the volume=20
this mountpoint is pointing to really exists in your cell.

HTH,

Christof