[OpenAFS] Boot sequence OpenAFS/ GDM

Jukka Tuominen jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:00:31 +0300 (EEST)

Thanks Brandon,

your solution worked. However, if I plugged off network, I couldn't log
into local/unix account. Ideally, afs could wait for the network max 5
seconds (less if found earlier), and then release the thread and continue
waiting on the background.

I don't know scripting that well, but for the time being, I just added a
dumb 5 second delay before gdm starts.

If anybody can suggest a script like this, I'd be grateful. It probably
wouldn't hurt to make it even the default feature, since there were quite
a lot of similar symptoms out there while googling around. Also, I've
noticed that logging into local account when off-line is very slow with
afsd around. Maybe this kind of "wait >> release and continue waiting on
the background" approach could speed up things when off-line?

br, jukka