[OpenAFS] building swig based interfaces

Gémes Géza geza@kzsdabas.hu
Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:51:40 +0200

> Hi Gémes,
> On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 18:49:03 +0200
> Gémes Géza <geza@kzsdabas.hu> wrote:
>

>> Sorry if I wasn't clear with my intentions. I plan to have a python
>> interface, where all the parts (volumes, pts entries, cache, etc) would
>> be represented as objects. So basically I plan to have a few classes
>> like volume, pts, cache, bos, with properties reflecting their state and
>> methods for manipulating them.
>>
> actually, the https://github.com/openafs-contrib/afspy
> is doing that (and much more).
> ATM, you don't see much activity on the master-branch, because
>   I have created a new branch new_design
> to get rid of issues I was seing while already using the
> stuff on master branch.
>
> Like Jakub, I think parsing the results of vos, fs commands is completely sufficient.
> The pathes to those binaries are not hardcoded, but can be changed quite
> easily.
> If you find something missing in afspy,
> you are welcome to fill the gaps ;-)
>
> Christof

Thanks!

I would happily fill the gaps as time permits.
Is that new_design branch available somewhere (git branch -r doesn't
list it)?
BTW. please be patient, as I've just started learning cython (with a few
years of C and Python background).

Cheers

Geza Gemes