[OpenAFS] building swig based interfaces

Christof Hanke christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 2 Sep 2013 17:03:58 +0200

On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 14:51:40 +0200
G=C3=A9mes G=C3=A9za <geza@kzsdabas.hu> wrote:

> > Hi G=C3=A9mes,
> > On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 18:49:03 +0200
> > G=C3=A9mes G=C3=A9za <geza@kzsdabas.hu> wrote:
> >

> >> Sorry if I wasn't clear with my intentions. I plan to have a python
> >> interface, where all the parts (volumes, pts entries, cache, etc) would
> >> be represented as objects. So basically I plan to have a few classes
> >> like volume, pts, cache, bos, with properties reflecting their state a=
nd
> >> methods for manipulating them.
> >>
> > actually, the https://github.com/openafs-contrib/afspy
> > is doing that (and much more).
> > ATM, you don't see much activity on the master-branch, because
> >   I have created a new branch new_design
> > to get rid of issues I was seing while already using the
> > stuff on master branch.
> >
> > Like Jakub, I think parsing the results of vos, fs commands is complete=
ly sufficient.
> > The pathes to those binaries are not hardcoded, but can be changed quite
> > easily.
> > If you find something missing in afspy,
> > you are welcome to fill the gaps ;-)
> >
> > Christof
> >
> Thanks!
>=20
> I would happily fill the gaps as time permits.
> Is that new_design branch available somewhere (git branch -r doesn't=20
> list it)?

sorry, it is on my private repo chanke:afspy, I'll push it soon=20
to openafs-contrib:

> BTW. please be patient, as I've just started learning cython (with a few=
=20
> years of C and Python background).
>=20
No need for cython (yet). ;-)
If you want to do so, the you could try to=20
replace the stuff in the dao-submodule by cython.

Cheers,

Christof