[OpenAFS] Re: git.openafs.org RSS/Atom feeds broken?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 4 Sep 2013 11:09:53 -0500

On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 16:47:22 +0200
Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@altum.de> wrote:

> Hmm, if I delete the feed from the reader (akregator in this case),
> re-add it and initiate a "get messages", then yes, I get 19 new
> messages with the one you mention above beeing the newest one. If I
> now switch to a different feed and go back to the OpenAFS one, it is
> shown as empty again. The reader is configured to expire messages
> after 14 days, in case it matters.

Well, if it's doing that because the pubDate in the RSS entry is older
than 14 days, then you're going to see entries seemingly randomly
disappear. You'll have to bring this up with your aggregator; file a bug
with them.

Or it's a bug in gitweb; I'm not familiar enough with RSS/Atom to know
what it's supposed to be doing. But it looks like gitweb changed a long
time ago to use the 'author date' and not the 'commit date', and a
cursory search doesn't show complaints about it. And cgit seems to do
the same thing, so it seems like they are intentionally using that date.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net