[OpenAFS] Re: git.openafs.org RSS/Atom feeds broken?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 4 Sep 2013 11:56:17 -0500

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 11:09:53 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Well, if it's doing that because the pubDate in the RSS entry is older
> than 14 days, then you're going to see entries seemingly randomly
> disappear. You'll have to bring this up with your aggregator; file a
> bug with them.
>
> Or it's a bug in gitweb; I'm not familiar enough with RSS/Atom to know
> what it's supposed to be doing. But it looks like gitweb changed a
> long time ago to use the 'author date' and not the 'commit date', and
> a cursory search doesn't show complaints about it. And cgit seems to
> do the same thing, so it seems like they are intentionally using that
> date.

Oh, or if you want a workaround, information about all of the commits
are sent to a mailing list. You can get an RSS feed of that list via
<http://rss.gmane.org/messages/excerpts/gmane.comp.file-systems.openafs.scm>
and maybe elsewhere, as well.

That's for all branches, though, so I don't know if that's helpful for
you.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net