[OpenAFS] Re: Shared admin access for buildbot master

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:01:52 -0500

> On 9/9/2013 9:18 PM, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> > I would like to discuss the topic of sharing admin access and duties
> > with others. What would the group like to see happen?
> >
> > Currently, I am the admin for the buildbot master (and the
> > debian-i386 slave on the same machine), and I'm the admin of the
> > rhel5 buildslave.
> >
> > We've had fewer people offer to administer build slaves than host
> > them.

I think at least part of this conversation makes more sense on -devel
than -info, so I'm responding here. This is coming from threads on
openafs-info and release-team.

Anyway, my opinion or my "vote" or whatever, would be to allow buildbot
administrative access to a wider group of people. I was thinking
something similar in scope to the group of people that are involved with
building binaries for releases (and the release manager(s)). Or maybe
just the vaguely-defined regular contributors; something like myself,
Derrick, Ben, etc, etc. I didn't have any specific cutoff point in mind,
but you know, the people who notice when buildbot breaks or is slow. It
would be nice if it were at least physically possible for them to do
something about it when they notice :)

I'm not clear on if such people event want that access, or are able to
contribute to this part of the infrastructure at all. But that's just
what I had in mind.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net