[OpenAFS] Re: [ OpenAFS ] 1.6.x / module compilation / 3.11

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:31:14 -0500

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:13:34 +0200
nicolas prochazka <prochazka.nicolas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Why the git commit 1f577e41b65e9bd213a915a296ecf5bedd17fcc1  ( Linux
> 3.11: Adapt to d_count changes )
> is only commit on master branch and not into the 1.6 stable branch ?

It's already been proposed for the 1.6.x branch here:
<http://gerrit.openafs.org/#change,10241>. Stephan Wiesand, the release
manager, would be the best source of an answer to this, but I believe
he's traveling with sporadic internet access right now, so I can provide
some guesses. Either:

 - The release manager just hasn't gotten to it yet (as mentioned, I
   believe he is traveling).
 - We're waiting for more developers to review it.
 - We're waiting for the people with sufficient access to do the
   necessary things for branching off for a 1.6.5.1 release containing
   just Linux support, which will be merged back into 1.6.x.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net