[OpenAFS] Re: [ OpenAFS ] 1.6.x / module compilation / 3.11

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:35:34 +0000

On Sep 16, 2013, at 21:31 , Andrew Deason wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:13:34 +0200
> nicolas prochazka <prochazka.nicolas@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> Hello,
>> Why the git commit 1f577e41b65e9bd213a915a296ecf5bedd17fcc1  ( Linux
>> 3.11: Adapt to d_count changes )
>> is only commit on master branch and not into the 1.6 stable branch ?
>=20
> It's already been proposed for the 1.6.x branch here:
> <http://gerrit.openafs.org/#change,10241>. Stephan Wiesand, the =
release
> manager, would be the best source of an answer to this, but I believe
> he's traveling with sporadic internet access right now,

Correct. Andrew, thanks for your response - I was indeed offline.

> so I can provide some guesses. Either:
>=20
> - The release manager just hasn't gotten to it yet (as mentioned, I
>   believe he is traveling).

Correct.

> - We're waiting for more developers to review it.

Correct.

> - We're waiting for the people with sufficient access to do the
>   necessary things for branching off for a 1.6.5.1 release containing
>   just Linux support, which will be merged back into 1.6.x.

Correct. This has happened now, thanks to Simon.

To summarize, this change is not only headed for the 1.6 stable branch, =
we'll even create a point release to support that kernel.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-
Platanenenallee 6