[OpenAFS] Export nfs file system with afs

Voss voss@rubin.physik2.uni-rostock.de
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:23:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi Volkmar,

thanks for your answer.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014, Volkmar Glauche wrote:

> Dear Christian,
>
> neither a native nor an somehow mounted /home can be directly exported using
> AFS. The AFS file server stores volumes and corresponding folders and files
> on its /vicepX partitions in an internal format which does not allow
> re-exporting local or foreign file systems through afs. Re-exporting AFS
> volumes from an AFS client machine to other machines via NFS/CIFS works, if
> you get the kerberos/token setup right. But I'm afraid this is not what you
> want to do...

So it is as I feared, I saw the possibility to convert afs to nfs. The
reason I was trying to setup the system in this way was to be able to use
the nice backup features of zfs. Do you know whether it is possible to
arrange the volumes like:

/vicepa/voss/<>.vol

In this case, with a bit of scripting, we might be able to use the
zfs-snaphot features by mounting the snapshots seperately

Thanks,
 	Christian