[OpenAFS] Linux OpenAFS & EncFS?

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:30:31 -0600

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:21:40PM +0200, Jukka Tuominen wrote:

> >> Personally, I feel a bit bad that a great system like OpenAFS needs to be stitched with a separate VPN and file encryption software, when it could be all built-in.
> >
> > Combining tools doing their jobs well is not a bad strategy. Using EncFS with OpenAFS as the backend sounds interesting. Alas, it seems a bit stale.
> >
> >    Stephan
> >>

> I'm all for combining the best efforts of various projects (see my own bigger-than-life project at www.liitin.org), I just don't think the outcome is very secure if its up to each individual to stitch up all the components together themselves. I mean, everything necessary is out there right now, but somehow organisations and homes are just worthless :)
>
> Br, jukka

A relevant article:

http://www.alternet.org/corporate-accountability-and-workplace/8-ways-corporate-greed-perverting-idea-sharing-economy

Can I apt-get install Liitin? This sounds like a very compelling pre-installed
software option for my bigger-than-life project for open-source hardware:
http://q3u.be/

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer@hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash