[OpenAFS] Re: Linux OpenAFS & EncFS?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:28:55 -0600

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:59:43 -0600
Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:

> When are we going to get serious about marketing to new computing
> users about the compelling advantages a robust, well-tested, and
> reliable open source distributed filesystem offers over vendor-lock-in
> half-assed solutions like Google Drive and dropbox?
>
> I know there are a few of you openafs users and developers that can
> look farther than the institution that signs your paycheck.

As fun and exciting as this thread is, maybe you would like to try
directing your enthusiasm towards the foundation? That seems like it
would be a forum more specifically targeted to "marketing" and
"direction" and that kind of thing, and I believe the foundation was
planning to undergo some efforts to specifically market AFS to new
areas.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net