[OpenAFS] Success - Deployment of OpenAFS 1.6.6 pre2 release candidate

Rich Sudlow rich@nd.edu
Wed, 08 Jan 2014 14:06:13 -0500

During our bi-annual mantenance outage last weekend we took the plunge and
upgraded our servers most running rh6.5+patches and 3 solaris 10
(patched to latest patches) to 1.6.6pre2 (in addition to SineNomine's
EINVAL.patch for volserver which didn't make the release). Cell is
crc.nd.edu - a little over 500 TB usable - 22 servers

We also rebuilt or updated 1383 clients (all Red Hat 6.4 or 6.5+patches)

This was done without incident and things have been running without for 3 days.

Rich

--
Rich Sudlow
University of Notre Dame