[OpenAFS] Re: module compilation problem against kernel 3.6.12 in release 1.6.5.2

Russ Allbery eagle@eyrie.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 10:33:03 -0800

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

> Are you on Debian or Ubuntu or similar? You should be running this
> through the packaging, via module-assistant or dkms or something.  If
> you have the openafs-client and related packages installed, and also
> manually install via 'configure ; make ; make install', that's going to
> make things rather confusing.

If you're on Debian or Ubuntu, it should be as simple as downloading the
source package from Debian unstable/testing and building it for your local
system.  I only haven't backported it to Debian stable because I dislike
backporting pre-releases.  I'll backport 1.6.6 as soon as it's final and
has migrated to testing.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>