[OpenAFS] Extract files from /vicepa

Germán Ferrari german.ferrari@gmail.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 11:05:33 +0000

--047d7b86e4ca94f8b104f0288624

Hello.

I have to recover the data of an afs server for which I have a recovered
/vicepa folder

I have read this thread: "Recovering filenames from namei fileserver's
/vicepa tree"
https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2005-June/018313.html

If I understood correctly, the easiest way to restore the files is to setup
another afs server and "just" overwrite the /vicepa folder with the one I
have. Is this correct?

I don't understand the part about the salvager deleting the data. I have
the recovered /vicepa folder on a ntfs partition. I'm trying to recover
again the folder but to an ext4 partition trying to preserve ownership and
modes ...

Apart from the option described in that thread: is there any alternative to
reconstruct the file names without setting up another afs server?.  If I
understood correctly, the files on /vicepa corresponds to the "real" files
but with an transformed name.

Thank you.

Ragards,
Germ=E1n

--047d7b86e4ca94f8b104f0288624

for which I have a recovered /vicepa folder<br><br>I have read this thread:=
 &quot;Recovering filenames from namei fileserver&#39;s /vicepa tree&quot; =
3.html">https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2005-June/018313.h=
tml</a><br>

etup another afs server and &quot;just&quot; overwrite the /vicepa folder w=
ith the one I have. Is this correct?<br><br>I don&#39;t understand the part=
 about the salvager deleting the data. I have=A0 the recovered /vicepa fold=
er on a ntfs partition. I&#39;m trying to recover again the folder but to a=
n ext4 partition trying to preserve ownership and modes ...<br>

e to reconstruct the file names without setting up another afs server?.=A0 =
If I understood correctly, the files on /vicepa corresponds to the &quot;re=
al&quot; files but with an transformed name.<br>

--047d7b86e4ca94f8b104f0288624--