[OpenAFS] Extract files from /vicepa

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:43:38 -0500

>=20
> I have a perl script from 2005 that could do this - but only for pure =
r/w volumes. If there's a backup or readonly clone on the same =
partition, it will probably fail miserably. It's not polished, may have =
to be adapted to current perl versions etc. And I think it recovered =
nothing but the file content and the path, not mode/owner/ACLs...
>=20
> Setting up a server is certainly the better option and may well be =
easier and faster. But if you're desperate enough, let me know.

along not completely dissimilar lines=85

I=92ve currently got a bunch of old data (couple hundred gigs maybe) =
from vos dump that I=92d like to be able to examine to see exactly =
what=92s there anymore. Right now, my personal cell lives on a couple =
VMs out in various public clouds, and I haven=92t got around to standing =
up a fileserver inside the firewall yet.

is there a tool (preferably stand-alone) that I could run on those old =
dumps to copy the data out of them into a local directory on, say, my =
mac.  Then I can copy whatever of it I want to keep back into AFS later.

Thanks,
-c=