[OpenAFS] Authentication without aklog

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:39:53 -0400

On Linux, we use krb5-auth-dialog with its aklog plugin.
Krb5-auth-dialog auto renews tickets and tokens, which is really nice
(no need to run a separate krenew).

On Mac (and replaced with krb5-auth-dialog for Linux), we use my now
quite old AFSTokens application as an all-in-one app. Like I said, it's
quite old and the code needs some updating, but it's there. And it works
with cross-realm principals!

AFSTokens doesn't do auto renew, but that would be easy enough to put in
there.  It also just uses the current kerberos cache instead of making
its own cache.

On Mac, destroying tokens is broken for some reason. Oh, well :) And
XCode broke the project, so to update it, one would have to make a new
XCode project and connect the gui components to the underlying code
components.