[OpenAFS] Re: Authentication without aklog

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:38:30 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 17:18:49 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> And like you mentioned, some people don't care about PAGs, so even if
> this makes PAGs useless, that's not necessarily a problem.

Or, another possibility is that the rpc.gssd-like behavior could be
turned on only for pag-less operations, and PAGs work like they always
have. That way, people trying for more NFS-like behavior would get it
(access based on uid, somewhat automatic credentials), and people who
want the traditional PAG behavior in AFS would have unchanged behavior.

I'm not sure if that starts to get too confusing, though.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net