[OpenAFS] additional OpenAFS 1.6.9 binaries available

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:32:56 +0200

<stephan.wiesand@desy.de>
> wrote:
>=20
>> Note that there are no RHEL7 binaries. The release team feels that we
>> should
>> not continue to provide packages using the old transarc paths for new =
Linux
>> platforms, and that we should leave packaging for those to downstream
>> projects
>> rather than creating FHS compliant packages ourselves. This would =
mean that
>> we'd no longer provide any binaries for RHEL7+ and Fedora 21+.
>>=20
>=20
> Do we want to continue development of the RPM spec file in the OpenAFS =
git
> tree?  Split off a RHEL7/Fedora version?

Interesting question. My personal opinion is that if we do it at all, =
yes
we should forge a new spec for RHEL 7+ and Fedora 21+ which does away =
with
all the legacy. And that it would bitrot quickly unless we actually use =
it.
And that maintaining the spec is the bigger problem than providing the
builds.

Thus, probably: "No."

--=20
Stephan Wiesand