[OpenAFS] (stackable file system) aufs stalls on some operations over OpenAFS

Erik Braun erik.braun@uni-jena.de
Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:55:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I discussed this topic almost 3 months ago on the aufs mailing list, but
had at this time other things to do. Now I can look at this problem again,
since it is still present in Debian Testing with OpenAFS 1.6.9 and the
shipped Linux kernel 3.14.7.

In short, the computer stalls on some file operations when stacking an
aufs directory above an OpenAFS directory, no matter, if the OpenAFS is
writable or not.

The author of aufs sees the problem (specifically from his point of
view as not an expert for OpenAFS) in lock operations in OpenAFS and
suggested to ask the OpenAFS maintainers.

For more information, please see the entire thread here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/aufs/mailman/aufs-users/thread/23314.1396280308%40jrobl/

Please tell me, when you need more information.

with best regards.
Erik