[OpenAFS] Recent Fedora kmod issues

Stephan Wiesand openafs-info@openafs.org Info" <openafs-info@openafs.org
Mon, 5 May 2014 19:06:01 +0200

On May 4, 2014, at 19:23 , Jon Stanley wrote:

> In openafs-kmodtool, it outputs an RPM header that the kmod package
> uses. However, it has two problematic lines:
>=20
> Requires(post): /sbin/depmod
> Requires(postun): /sbin/depmod
>=20
> In recent versions of Fedora, and in RHEL7+, there is no longer a
> distinction between /sbin and /usr/sbin, and the former is a symlink
> to the latter. Therefore, the RPM database has kmod as providing
> /usr/sbin/depmod, not /sbin/depmod, and therefore OpenAFS kmod will
> not install.
>=20
> A simple change to have those lines reference /usr/sbin/depmod worked.
> I think that the logic probably needs to be conditionalized such that
> on RHEL6 and below, we use /sbin/depmod, and Fedora >=3D17 and RHEL =
>=3D7
> we use /usr/sbin/depmod.

That's feasible, and probably the right thing to do.

But it only matters when the kmod and filesystem packages are not =
installed before the dependency calculation is performed. Which is =
probably why this went unnoticed for a few years.

Is rpm-ostree the context here too?

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-