[OpenAFS] Recent Fedora kmod issues

Jon Stanley jonstanley@gmail.com
Wed, 7 May 2014 01:41:20 -0400

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wiesand@desy.de> wrote:
> But it only matters when the kmod and filesystem packages are not installed before the dependency calculation is performed. Which is probably why this went unnoticed for a few years.
>
> Is rpm-ostree the context here too?

It's the immediate issue, but I suspect as people integrate the
openafs kmod into kickstarts for RHEL7 it will rear it's head as well
- I've not yet tried it at $DAYJOB, but we lay all of the content down
in one RPM transaction, so it would probably affect us there.

Thinking about it though, since RPM goes off of what's in the RPM
database and not what's on the filesystem, I wouldn't think that this
would be working for *any* Fedora 17+ system, regardless of how it's
installed - there's nothing in the RPM database that provides
/sbin/depmod, even though the scripts that call it would obviously
succeed in any event. Haven't had a chance to try it out though.