[OpenAFS] Recent Fedora kmod issues

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com
Wed, 7 May 2014 19:31:36 +0000

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 5:41 AM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thinking about it though, since RPM goes off of what's in the RPM
> database and not what's on the filesystem, I wouldn't think that this
> would be working for *any* Fedora 17+ system, regardless of how it's
> installed - there's nothing in the RPM database that provides
> /sbin/depmod, even though the scripts that call it would obviously
> succeed in any event. Haven't had a chance to try it out though.

While completely unresearched, in theory, if I remember what
is packaged where, one might consider changing the
"Requires(post):" to be kmod (the package) rather than the
depmod file itself for "recent" releases, and module-init-tools
for older releases.

Completely untested (and clearly only works for RHEL/Fedora)

%if 0%{?fedora} >= 17 || 0{?rhel} >= 7
%{Requires(post): kmod}
%{Requires(postun): kmod}
%else