[OpenAFS] VLDB and NetInfo

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.com
Fri, 16 May 2014 20:40:57 +0000

Hi all,

I've recently (as in this morning) stood up my first fileserver that's
sitting behind a NAT.  In NetInfo, I have the following:

192.168.158.22
f 173.161.158.149

and vos listaddrs shows both addresses, so I'm certain that part is
working.  However, the vldb only shows the 'inside' address, not the
public IP (which makes that fileserver's volumes inaccessible from
hosts outside):

chaos:/etc/bind/zones # vos lista -host phlafsfs01.coyhile.com
-printuuid -localauth -verbose -noresolve
UUID: 0002cb0a-1d1b-1376-8e-2a-169ea8c0aa77
192.168.158.22
173.161.158.149

chaos:/etc/bind/zones # vos listvldb -server phlafsfs01.coyhile.com
-localauth -verbose -noresolve
VLDB entries for server phlafsfs01.coyhile.com

common.mp3
     RWrite: 536870939
     number of sites -> 1
        server 192.168.158.22 partition /vicepb RW Site

users.hile.old
     RWrite: 536870940
     number of sites -> 1
        server 192.168.158.22 partition /vicepa RW Site

Total entries: 2
chaos:/etc/bind/zones #

The docs for NetInfo seem to indicate that the fileserver should
advertise both of those addresses into the vldb.

Thanks,

-c

--
Coy Hile