[OpenAFS] Re: VLDB and NetInfo

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 16 May 2014 21:28:36 -0500

On Fri, 16 May 2014 20:40:57 +0000
Coy Hile <coy.hile@coyhile.com> wrote:

> chaos:/etc/bind/zones # vos listvldb -server phlafsfs01.coyhile.com
> -localauth -verbose -noresolve
> VLDB entries for server phlafsfs01.coyhile.com
>
> common.mp3
>      RWrite: 536870939
>      number of sites -> 1
>         server 192.168.158.22 partition /vicepb RW Site
[...]
> The docs for NetInfo seem to indicate that the fileserver should
> advertise both of those addresses into the vldb.

It is, but the 'vos listvldb' command just only shows one address in its
output. We just pick the "first" address to display; I'm not sure if
there's any way to pick which one that is (if there is, I don't think it
would be guaranteed to keep working). If you don't want the internal
address to appear, don't include it in NetInfo.

The 'vos listaddrs' command is also looking in the VLDB; the addresses
only come from one place.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net