[OpenAFS] IRIX support/documentation

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Mon, 3 Nov 2014 19:17:33 -0500 (EST)

(Replying to this old thread, which was Re: [OpenAFS] Re: HP-UX support)

On Mon, 3 Feb 2014, Andrew Deason wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Feb 2014 14:32:59 -0500
> chas williams - CONTRACTOR <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:
>
> > On this note, as of 2013 December, IRIX is no longer a supported
> > product.  Can IRIX support go away as well?
>
> That's not technically true, from my reading of
> <http://www.sgi.com/services/support/irix_mips_support.html>. You can
> still get some kind of support for it, at least in some situations.
>
> I don't think that's really relevant, though. I don't see the pressure
> in removing IRIX support, and we still have a buildslave for it running.

I don't mind keeping the IRIX code around while we have a buildbot running
for it, but I do wonder if we can start trimming IRIX-specific bits from
our documentation.  It seems unlikely that someone will be making a fresh
installation of OpenAFS on an IRIX system....

Do we know of remaining/existing IRIX deployments, and whether they would
be affected by such a change?

-Ben